Center for e-Governance has implemented High Definition studio based video conference facility in state, all Taluk Head quarters and District Head Quarters as part of Karnataka State Wide Area Network Project. This facility will be enabling virtual meetings between the government officials at Taluk Head quarters, District Hq and State Head Quarters. This will save time and money for the state government.
The following are the unique features of the new HD Video conferencing facility created by centre for e-Governance department:
- It is a studio based Video conferencing facility with high definition quality.
- In addition to existing studios, the HD VC facility is extended to all the Dy Commissioners offices and Tahsildar Offices, head of departments in State Headquarters on priority basis.
- Individual officers can join the video conferencing facility through their desktop or laptop.
- The officers who are on the move/travel can join the VC through their Smart phone.
- Video conferencing recording facility is made available for the purpose of administration.
- Parallel Multiple Video Conferences (MCUs) can be conducted by various departments simultaneously.
- Four MCUs are installed at Divisional headquarters. Failure of one will automatically reroute the VC session to another (redundancy).
- Any Head of departments officer can utilize this facility to address any District commissioner, in-turn any commissioner can address their Tahsildar at any point of time since the facility is 24/7 available.
- Authorized booking facility also made available to the departments to book their VC for available slots.
The following are the benefits of the facility:
- This will drastically reduce the travel expenditure for the state exchequer.
- This will save the time of travel for the Government staff there by improvement in productivity.
- Save time by instantly connecting with video conferencing users. The hours saved by eliminating journey time makes video conferencing a cost effective facility.
- The state headquarters HODs can have meeting with Taluk level officers/officials.
- The facility can be used for information commission court hearing purposes of Karnataka Information commission to save the travelling cost incurred on citizen and time.
- The Video Conference facility can be used for emergency purposes like to address Flood, drought and any disaster situations.
- From any connected place over VC - presentations, Snaps and AV clips also can be shown/shared to the Head of the departments.
- Saving time, eliminating travel costs and increasing productivity enable an administrative to measure a fast, significant and measurable return on investment.
- This facility also can be used for Training purposes where manpower time and cost can be saved.
For support and assistance:
Please call below mentioned numbers, the team will help you in enabling service.
- 07760507886 &
If any escalation: