About Capacity Building
The State of Karnataka has always been a pioneer and front runner in terms of understanding and creating the awareness of e-Governance necessity for its state Government employees across the entire cross section of hierarchy from HOD and 2IC’s till the last man stakeholder, in terms of creating required level of sensitization training programmes regarding the various levels of ever growing changes with respect to technology, processes and best practices. These training programmes have been designed to enhance the functional capability of Government mechanism for better and faster delivery of citizen services.
In respect to which a series of 01 day, half day and 03 day workshops have been organized and successfully conducted by Centre for E-Governance at various levels and intervals.
Taking this initiative forward, the felt need is addressed in conducting e-governance capacity building workshops in collaboration with CDAC and NISG for carrying out knowledge specific and Specialized Training in e-Governance Programmes (STEP) under State Government capacity building workshops.
It is envisaged to develop competencies and skills of e-Governance project implementation teams across State Government sectors, cutting through the hierarchy of offices of various line departments up to field level implementation.
The objective of carrying out knowledge specific and Specialized Training in e-Governance Programmes under State Government capacity building workshops, is to introduce and sensitize the various departments and their representatives with the various aspects of e-Governance, which include of the Programmes, technology, uses and the implications. Facilitate transformation in government departments by equipping select teams with skills in process re-engineering and enterprise architecture. Support project officers by imparting training on modern project and change management techniques and tools.
- To develop Basic ICT skills in Government officers to carryout office work and to enhance the office productivity on applications, internet and email.
- e-Governance related knowledge and skills to address the competencies required during project execution e-Governance life cycle, Government Process Re-engineering, Business model and PPP, regulatory framework and IT Act, Contract management, DPR, RFP and Change Management.
- To disseminate knowledge on MMP specific e-Governance competencies and applications.
- Soft skills for developing the right attitude for the e-Governance transformations such as team building, leadership, effective presentation.
- Encourage Government officers to develop specialized professional skills in the areas of technology and management. Such as project management, IT Security and IT Audit.
- One day and Half Day Workshops in collaboration with CDAC and other agencies.
- Three Days specialized programme on e-Governance training and best practices study in collaboration with NISG.
- Computer literacy programme, a continued process carried out in phases, comprising of Government officers in various batches, conducted in collaboration with KEONICS
With the need for knowledge specific and specialized training programme for HOD and 2IC's of respective state Dept's under Govt. of Karnataka. The following programmes covering the entire e–Governance life cycle and its various aspects have been received with huge and encouraging response from the Departments and their respective participating officers.
The programmes have been organized at Centre for e-governance and till date and the list of programmes conducted and the attending strength from various departments has been listed below:
- NISG STEP – There are 23 programmes which have been conducted and have been attended by 305 officers from 70 State Departments for various E-Governance programmes.
- One Day/Half Day Workshop - There are 11 programmes which have been conducted and the programmes have been attended by 2000 officers from 102 State Departments for various E-Governance programmes.
- Computer literacy test 07 Day workshop- There are 22 programmes which have been conducted and the programmes have been attended by 2700 officers ranging from middle level to executive management officers from 132 State Departments.
- Human Resource Management (HRMS) Training –District level training programmes has been conducted and 10000 officers and staff are trained and via satellite level training programmes 30,000 officers are trained on various aspects of HRMS.
- E – Procurement Training to Government Officers and Vendors- The training programmes has been attended by 17300+ Government officers and 7200 contractors from 275 State/Central/Corporation departments on various aspects of e-Procurement. This e-Procurement training is a continuous process of imparting trainings.
- Regional Level e-Governance Workshops-
These have been conducted at Kalburgi, Belgavi and Mangaluru. Nearly 1000 Officers have attended the workshop.
During the month of January 2016 in association with NISG, CeG conducted (e-Governance project Management workshop) for 55 SC/ST/TSP Officers.
K.S. Shiva Ramu
Room No: 145, Gate II, M S Building,
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore 560 001.
Tel: +91 080 22032154
Email : pdcb[at]karnataka[dot]gov[dot]in
Url : http://www.karnataka.gov.in/capacitybuilding